14 Feb 2017
in Activism, conscious evolution, conservative lies, conservatives, creating society, dominionists, environmentalism, populism, progress, progressive ideals, spiritual thought, Voter suppression, wealth inequality
Tags: civil rights, democracy, dictator, Environment, ethics, fascism, Geneva Convention, health care, kleptocracy, Medicare, Native Americans, progressive, Resist #Resist, Russia, science, torture, treaties, tyrant
UPDATE: I’ve received notification by Thomas J. Gray that he is the author of this piece. By the time I had seen it on facebook, it had been added to – so I am updating this post to more accurately reflect the original wording. I liked much of what had been added, and I understand that in the passion of those first horrible days, many felt similar feelings and simply added their own parts. This phrase was added:
The survival of our democracy and our way of life demands that we stand and resist. So I will Resist. I AM part of the Resistance, and I AM proud of it.
Here is the original, by Thomas J. Gray:
08 Feb 2017
in back stories, conscious evolution, conservatives, corporatists, money in politics, wealth inequality
Tags: brexit, EU, Exxon, racist right wing, republicans, Rex Tillerson, right wing politicians, Russia, russia sanctions, Trump
Hidden beneath all the chaos of the first three weeks of the Trump administration — the questionably legal Executive Orders, the inept wording and rollout of the Muslim ban, the tweet ravings against actors and department stores, the insults against our intelligence community and our allies, the provocation of China, the assault on our environment, and the laughable outright lies uttered by spokespeople — there continues the quietly rowing scandal of the Trump team’s close ties with Russia.
We can presently recognize several reasons why Putin wanted Trump as US President, but since the Director of the CIA has been replaced with a Trump loyalist, the investigation has probably officially been stopped and silenced. However, many in the intelligence community do not trust the Trump administration because of their many ties to Russia, and these agencies are providing the United States media information via internal leaks which may help us save democracy.
17 different intelligence agencies have confirmed that Russia manipulated our election to place Trump in the White House. But why?
Our first rule always applies: Follow The Money.
But let’s dig deeper…initially, there appear to be three reasons: Territory, Oil Money & Sanctions, and Influence over & Disruption of the United States.
So for now, lets start by taking a brief look at the backstory of the USSR and it’s empire.
01 Jan 2017
in conscious evolution, conservative lies, conservatives, corporatists, dominionists, Humanism, money in politics, progressive ideals, Voter suppression, wealth inequality
Tags: anti-democracy, corporatist coup, domionists, far-right, powell memo, quiet coup, ronald reagan, Smedly butler, tea party, voting rights act, Wall Street, Wall Street Purtsch
Sometimes it’s challenging to decide where to start with a Backstory. History’s threads weave through a lot of current events. But the coup of November 2016 has a somewhat clear place to start. Let’s look at a bit of history for the backstory.
In 1933, wealthy right-wing corporatists conspired to execute a coup and oust FDR, disliking his New Deal policies of helping the poor, ending child labor – and his decision to stop using the US Military to support oppressive corporations like United Fruit in the third world.
Their goal was to emulate the corporate fascism of Hitler and Mussolini that was happening in Europe at that time, instead of what was shaping up to become a liberal democracy.
General Smedley Butler
They approached Marine General Smedley Butler, the most highly respected Military officer in the US at the time, for assistance — but they guessed wrong. He remained loyal and gathered details, then, reported the treasonous conspirators. The attempted coup, now often called The Wall Street Putsch, failed. There were some hearings, but, the House was reluctant to investigate such wealthy pillars of society. In fact, being wealthy, the plotters were not held to account. (If you do a search for “FDR coup Gen Smedly Butler”online, you’ll find a large amount of information.) For the most factual read, Here are transcripts of General Butler’s testimony and later interviews giving tons of detail.
Next time, a more subtle plot had to be devised.
Wealthy corporatists came up with a devious plan, slowly building their control over government over several decades through electing conservative Republicans and “Blue Dog” Democrats. More
12 Nov 2016
in Activism, conscious evolution, conservatives, creating society, environmentalism, evolution, Humanism, populism, progress, wealth inequality
Tags: anti trump protest, Environment, equality, gun nuts, kkk, misogyny, muslim, Noam Chomsky, protect LGBT, protect LGBTQIA, protest, racism, rape culture, trump protest, white supremacists
Now that Trump has won the electoral college (and lost the popular vote) in the United States election, this man who has unleashed so much racist, misogynist and xenophobic hatred will soon be installed as president of a vast, multi-cultural nation. And the people are in the streets worldwide. #NotMyPresident
I am seeing conservatives post on social media criticizing the massive nationwide demonstrations. Many implying that the citizenry are merely “upset that their side lost”.
- Have you not seen the KKK victory parades?
- Have you not seen homes defaced with swastikas?
- Have you not seen the nooses left (often with black dolls lynched) in peoples’ yards?
- Have you not seen the children of color being bullied and taunted — often by cruel white adults – that they will soon be deported?
- Have you not seen trolls attacking Jews on social media, saying that tRump will soon “re-start the ovens”?
- Have you not seen graffitti with “Fu*k N*ggers” sprayed on cars, homes and businesses? People of color are being told to “get to the back of the bus”.
- Have you not seen peaceful Muslims threatened?
- Have you not seen the assaults and even murders of people of color which began on the night of the election?
- Have you not seen the attacks upon the LGBTQIA community (“We got a new president you f*cking faggots”)
- Have you not seen men threatening women – especially gay women – with the slogan “Trump that Bitch”?
Yes, the word “tRump” is now a threatening euphemism for lynching, rape, beatings and murder. More
20 May 2016
in Activism, conscious evolution, conservatives, corporatists, creating society, environmentalism, Humanism, media, money in politics, Occupy Wall Street, populism, progress, progressive ideals, Voter suppression, wealth inequality
Tags: #Bernie2016, #NotMeUs, corporatist supreme court, never vote republican, supreme court, Supreme Court justices
Anyone who’s read this blog for any amount of time knows that I’m an enthusiastic Bernie supporter.
Bernie — plus a HUUUGE turn-out for Progressives in the Senate and House — could mean a GREAT change for the citizens of this country:
- Imagine an economy designed to actually serve the citizens instead of only the elite.
- Imagine FDR’s Second Bill of Rights becoming reality.
- Imagine getting money out of politics and having an actual democracy.
- Imagine the end of “too big to fail”, breaking up the big banks, and ending monopolies — especially that of our of our media institutions, so that the citizenry could have a chance to hear diverse opinions and values.
- Imagine single payer health care, freeing us all from the profiteering insurance, medical and pharmacy complexes.
- Imagine restoring our infrastructure, with the federal government creating good jobs as the CCC and other government programs that lifted our citizenry out of poverty in the 1930s.
- Imagine our country getting very serious about cleaning up our environment, tackling it like we did the race to land on the moon back in the 1960s.
- Imagine our taxes actually being spent on making ALL our lives better, creating more EQUALITY and SERVICES for ALL — instead of subsidizing multinational corporations, polluting corporations, Big-AG, and “defense” contractors.
- Imagine restoring the tax rate on the wealthy plutocrat/polluter class to what it was during Eisenhower, when the US economy created the biggest middle-class in history: with unions insuring good wages, good benefits, vacation and retirement for the workers who actually built this country.
03 May 2016
in Activism, conservative lies, conservatives, corporatists, media, money in politics, populism, progress, progressive ideals, wealth inequality
Let’s talk a little bit about Democratic Socialism, such as found in Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
Who doesn’t want a society that is based upon equality?
Who doesn’t want a society where each member is well educated and healthy?
Why do you think Democratic Socialist societies are alway — always– listed in the top Happiest Countries on Earth? Every Year.
It is because the taxes they collectively pay are used to provide each member of their society with high quality health care, high quality education, and social services. More