14 Feb 2017
in Activism, conscious evolution, conservative lies, conservatives, creating society, dominionists, environmentalism, populism, progress, progressive ideals, spiritual thought, Voter suppression, wealth inequality
Tags: civil rights, democracy, dictator, Environment, ethics, fascism, Geneva Convention, health care, kleptocracy, Medicare, Native Americans, progressive, Resist #Resist, Russia, science, torture, treaties, tyrant
UPDATE: I’ve received notification by Thomas J. Gray that he is the author of this piece. By the time I had seen it on facebook, it had been added to – so I am updating this post to more accurately reflect the original wording. I liked much of what had been added, and I understand that in the passion of those first horrible days, many felt similar feelings and simply added their own parts. This phrase was added:
The survival of our democracy and our way of life demands that we stand and resist. So I will Resist. I AM part of the Resistance, and I AM proud of it.
Here is the original, by Thomas J. Gray:
12 Nov 2016
in Activism, conscious evolution, conservatives, creating society, environmentalism, evolution, Humanism, populism, progress, wealth inequality
Tags: anti trump protest, Environment, equality, gun nuts, kkk, misogyny, muslim, Noam Chomsky, protect LGBT, protect LGBTQIA, protest, racism, rape culture, trump protest, white supremacists
Now that Trump has won the electoral college (and lost the popular vote) in the United States election, this man who has unleashed so much racist, misogynist and xenophobic hatred will soon be installed as president of a vast, multi-cultural nation. And the people are in the streets worldwide. #NotMyPresident
I am seeing conservatives post on social media criticizing the massive nationwide demonstrations. Many implying that the citizenry are merely “upset that their side lost”.
- Have you not seen the KKK victory parades?
- Have you not seen homes defaced with swastikas?
- Have you not seen the nooses left (often with black dolls lynched) in peoples’ yards?
- Have you not seen the children of color being bullied and taunted — often by cruel white adults – that they will soon be deported?
- Have you not seen trolls attacking Jews on social media, saying that tRump will soon “re-start the ovens”?
- Have you not seen graffitti with “Fu*k N*ggers” sprayed on cars, homes and businesses? People of color are being told to “get to the back of the bus”.
- Have you not seen peaceful Muslims threatened?
- Have you not seen the assaults and even murders of people of color which began on the night of the election?
- Have you not seen the attacks upon the LGBTQIA community (“We got a new president you f*cking faggots”)
- Have you not seen men threatening women – especially gay women – with the slogan “Trump that Bitch”?
Yes, the word “tRump” is now a threatening euphemism for lynching, rape, beatings and murder. More
20 May 2016
in Activism, conscious evolution, conservatives, corporatists, creating society, environmentalism, Humanism, media, money in politics, Occupy Wall Street, populism, progress, progressive ideals, Voter suppression, wealth inequality
Tags: #Bernie2016, #NotMeUs, corporatist supreme court, never vote republican, supreme court, Supreme Court justices
Anyone who’s read this blog for any amount of time knows that I’m an enthusiastic Bernie supporter.
Bernie — plus a HUUUGE turn-out for Progressives in the Senate and House — could mean a GREAT change for the citizens of this country:
- Imagine an economy designed to actually serve the citizens instead of only the elite.
- Imagine FDR’s Second Bill of Rights becoming reality.
- Imagine getting money out of politics and having an actual democracy.
- Imagine the end of “too big to fail”, breaking up the big banks, and ending monopolies — especially that of our of our media institutions, so that the citizenry could have a chance to hear diverse opinions and values.
- Imagine single payer health care, freeing us all from the profiteering insurance, medical and pharmacy complexes.
- Imagine restoring our infrastructure, with the federal government creating good jobs as the CCC and other government programs that lifted our citizenry out of poverty in the 1930s.
- Imagine our country getting very serious about cleaning up our environment, tackling it like we did the race to land on the moon back in the 1960s.
- Imagine our taxes actually being spent on making ALL our lives better, creating more EQUALITY and SERVICES for ALL — instead of subsidizing multinational corporations, polluting corporations, Big-AG, and “defense” contractors.
- Imagine restoring the tax rate on the wealthy plutocrat/polluter class to what it was during Eisenhower, when the US economy created the biggest middle-class in history: with unions insuring good wages, good benefits, vacation and retirement for the workers who actually built this country.
29 Feb 2016
in conscious evolution, conservative lies, corporatists, creating society, Humanism, populism, progress, progressive ideals, wealth inequality
Tags: Climate change, compassion, conscious politics, guns, immigration, LaMonte M. Fowler
This person’s essay is so good that I’ll just let him speak for himself. The entire thing is well worth reading for just a bit of common sense. Check out his site for more.
DROPPING SOME TRUTH
I feel the need to drop a little truth on y’all. So buckle up…I’m about to be politically incorrect.
We don’t need to take America back. No one stole it. It’s right here…you’re sitting in it. Chillax.
Mexico isn’t going to pay for the wall and we’re not going to deport millions of people and break up families. If you think either one is a good idea, you’re not smart and probably not a person I want to hang out with.
We don’t live in a democracy. Technically we are a Federal Republic. But in reality we are ruled by an oligarchy. If you don’t know what that is, look it up. Reading will do you good. You probably need to do more of it. More
17 Jan 2014
in Activism, animal, conscious evolution, creating society, environmentalism, evolution, Humanism, populism, progress, progressive ideals, spiritual thought
Tags: compassion, conscious evolution, cultural creatives, ecology, expanded consciousness, humanism, Universe
There is an ancient blessing, “may you live in uninteresting times”. The obvious meaning being that peace and happiness do not make for the kinds of adventures that become the great myths, songs, and stories of the ages. Quiet and happy lives with their small dramas do not make the history books.
And we DO live in interesting times.
The dominant culture into which we were born, is dying. The economic, social, ecological and political systems that were part of the narrative of our reality are now revealed to be clearly unsustainable.
And as much as we may want to ignore this change, it is happening all around us. Now. More
12 Mar 2013
in Activism, back stories, conscious evolution, corporatists, creating society
Tags: Arab Spring, Bradley Manning, Chelsea Manning, Daniel Ellsberg, Daniel Ellsburg, Freedom of the Press Foundation, Iraq War, military, Nobel Peace Prize, United States, war crime, WikiLeaks
Here’s a question: If you saw and heard what Chelsea Manning did, what would YOU do?
Let’s say that as a naive young person, you actually believed the BS about the military fighting to “preserve our freedoms” and “keep us safe”. And let’s say that you also believed that the military would, in exchange for your service, provide you with education that would insure your future career opportunities. Let’s further imagine that you believed that the military was actually about stopping “bad guys” rather than indiscriminately killing innocent civilians. Yes, that’s a lot of false memes to believe, but just for a moment, lets pretend that you believed these things, and so you enlisted. More