20 Nov 2016
in Activism, conscious evolution, conservatives, domionists, evolution, Humanism, Police Brutality, populism, progress, progressive ideals, spiritual thought
Tags: fascism, immigrants, kkk, misogyny, protect, racism, resistance, right-wing coup, sexism, stolen election, trump followers, tyranny, white nationalists
Those who are paying attention are aware that the US government will be taken over by true fascism come Jan 21. A pro-torture, pro-war, racist, white nationalist, anti-immigrant, anti-woman, anti LGBTQ, anti-civil rights, anti-free speech regime has committed a coup (with the help of far-right elements within the FBI and Russian hackers). According to the NSA, the 2016 elections were hacked and manipulated — even though the majority of citizens are repulsed by their ideas. And even though their opponent has, at this writing, about 1.5 MILLION more votes, and counting.
Those in government and the press have accepted the results and are readying us to comply with the new fascism. But we will not.
We are now being called to walk in a very specific state of consciousness: we who are loving, caring, people cannot allow ourselves to be drawn down into the hate and violence of the tRump regime and his “brownshirt” supporters. But neither can we just hope that meditation, staying positive, and remaining centered will protect the defenseless. History shows us that all our beautiful energy cannot always stop monsters. More
12 Nov 2016
in Activism, conscious evolution, conservatives, creating society, environmentalism, evolution, Humanism, populism, progress, wealth inequality
Tags: anti trump protest, Environment, equality, gun nuts, kkk, misogyny, muslim, Noam Chomsky, protect LGBT, protect LGBTQIA, protest, racism, rape culture, trump protest, white supremacists
Now that Trump has won the electoral college (and lost the popular vote) in the United States election, this man who has unleashed so much racist, misogynist and xenophobic hatred will soon be installed as president of a vast, multi-cultural nation. And the people are in the streets worldwide. #NotMyPresident
I am seeing conservatives post on social media criticizing the massive nationwide demonstrations. Many implying that the citizenry are merely “upset that their side lost”.
- Have you not seen the KKK victory parades?
- Have you not seen homes defaced with swastikas?
- Have you not seen the nooses left (often with black dolls lynched) in peoples’ yards?
- Have you not seen the children of color being bullied and taunted — often by cruel white adults – that they will soon be deported?
- Have you not seen trolls attacking Jews on social media, saying that tRump will soon “re-start the ovens”?
- Have you not seen graffitti with “Fu*k N*ggers” sprayed on cars, homes and businesses? People of color are being told to “get to the back of the bus”.
- Have you not seen peaceful Muslims threatened?
- Have you not seen the assaults and even murders of people of color which began on the night of the election?
- Have you not seen the attacks upon the LGBTQIA community (“We got a new president you f*cking faggots”)
- Have you not seen men threatening women – especially gay women – with the slogan “Trump that Bitch”?
Yes, the word “tRump” is now a threatening euphemism for lynching, rape, beatings and murder. More
12 Sep 2016
in Activism, back stories, conservative lies, corporatists, crazy emails, media, populism, progress, response to conservative email, right wing emails
Tags: fact check websites, fact-check, how to fact check, how to spot a fake email, identify a fake post, political lies, propaganda, recognize propaganda, US political lies, who to trust online
It’s that time again! The presidential election brings the crazies out of their basements and think-tanks to compete in the “BS Email & Social Media Follies”.
Lots of people have asked me how to go about fact-checking, so let’s discuss it here.
First, let’s take a look at fact-checking, and a few tips on how to spot a BS email or post.
How To Spot a BS Email or Post
- A BS Email claims to be factual, rather than opinion. And it is full of fake “facts”, quotes, and lots of hyperbole. A false message often contains a tiny grain of truth. This is done to give “cover” or deniability to the liar, and it also gives lazy readers a false sense that the entire message must be true. Let’s not be lazy readers, my friends! If something is just too “on the nose”, or fits a political narrative a bit too exactly, don’t forward or re-post it until you’ve checked it out.
- If a quote seems out of character for the person to whom it was attributed, check it.
- Always suspect emails with giant font, a lot of exclamation points and ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!! (If you can imagine someone hysterically yelling the message, definitely check it.)
- If the post or email quotes a known propagandist or propaganda organization, be suspicious. (There are some individuals who have made a very good living twisting words, telling outright lies, and especially, selling hate and fear of “the other”. They often refer to themselves as “real Americans” and other people as outsiders. Always fact-check anything these people say.)
There are several types of people who contribute to a “successful” BS email or social media meme:
- The despicable people who knowingly create these emails and posts, and who don’t care that they’re terrifying our elderly and uneducated, since their goal is to gain votes through deceitful manipulation.
- The above mentioned elderly, who came from a time when creating a fake TV “news” station or building a website based on false “information” would be considered shameful. Yes, there was a time when a reporter strove for honesty and tried to be impartial. After all, the airwaves belong to the U.S. citizens, and a person using these airwaves had an ethical obligation to help educate and enlighten citizens, not outright manipulate them. Sorry, that time is long gone. (You cannot blindly believe what you see on television or read in an email or see on a website.)
- The uneducated, who do believe what they read or see without fact-checking.
- All of the above people, who forward BS emails to vast numbers of people, continuing the cycle of dumbing-down the country.
A great example: Today an email came forwarded to me printed in GIANT BOLD COLORED FONT and of course, lots of exclamation points!!!!!!: the better to scare you with, my dear. More
20 May 2016
in Activism, conscious evolution, conservatives, corporatists, creating society, environmentalism, Humanism, media, money in politics, Occupy Wall Street, populism, progress, progressive ideals, Voter suppression, wealth inequality
Tags: #Bernie2016, #NotMeUs, corporatist supreme court, never vote republican, supreme court, Supreme Court justices
Anyone who’s read this blog for any amount of time knows that I’m an enthusiastic Bernie supporter.
Bernie — plus a HUUUGE turn-out for Progressives in the Senate and House — could mean a GREAT change for the citizens of this country:
- Imagine an economy designed to actually serve the citizens instead of only the elite.
- Imagine FDR’s Second Bill of Rights becoming reality.
- Imagine getting money out of politics and having an actual democracy.
- Imagine the end of “too big to fail”, breaking up the big banks, and ending monopolies — especially that of our of our media institutions, so that the citizenry could have a chance to hear diverse opinions and values.
- Imagine single payer health care, freeing us all from the profiteering insurance, medical and pharmacy complexes.
- Imagine restoring our infrastructure, with the federal government creating good jobs as the CCC and other government programs that lifted our citizenry out of poverty in the 1930s.
- Imagine our country getting very serious about cleaning up our environment, tackling it like we did the race to land on the moon back in the 1960s.
- Imagine our taxes actually being spent on making ALL our lives better, creating more EQUALITY and SERVICES for ALL — instead of subsidizing multinational corporations, polluting corporations, Big-AG, and “defense” contractors.
- Imagine restoring the tax rate on the wealthy plutocrat/polluter class to what it was during Eisenhower, when the US economy created the biggest middle-class in history: with unions insuring good wages, good benefits, vacation and retirement for the workers who actually built this country.
03 May 2016
in Activism, conservative lies, conservatives, corporatists, media, money in politics, populism, progress, progressive ideals, wealth inequality
Let’s talk a little bit about Democratic Socialism, such as found in Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
Who doesn’t want a society that is based upon equality?
Who doesn’t want a society where each member is well educated and healthy?
Why do you think Democratic Socialist societies are alway — always– listed in the top Happiest Countries on Earth? Every Year.
It is because the taxes they collectively pay are used to provide each member of their society with high quality health care, high quality education, and social services. More